|Hair Loss and Its Causes :
There are numerous causes or reasons for hair loss some which are listed below
What causes excessive hair loss?
- Unhealthy food
- Food cooked in adulterated oil
- Unhygienic living conditions
- Excess consumption of caffeine
- Alcohol consumption
- Physical/emotional stress
- Radiation therapies
- Tinea capitis
- Tumours of the ovaries or adrenal gland
- Hormonal changes
- Hereditary factors
A number of things can cause excessive hair loss. For example, about 3 or 4 months after an illness or a major surgery, you may suddenly lose a large amount of hair. This hair loss is related to the stress of the illness and is temporary.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Fall Control:
Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treating thyroid disease. Hair loss may occur if male or female hormones, known as androgens and estrogens, are out of balance. Correcting the hormone imbalance may stop your hair loss.
Many women notice hair loss about 3 months after they've had a baby. This loss is also related to hormones. During pregnancy, high levels of certain hormones cause the body to keep hair that would normally fall out. When the hormones return to pre-pregnancy levels, that hair falls out and the normal cycle of growth and loss starts again.
Alopecia : Aloplecia is a synonym of baldness.
Causes of alopecia
· Emotional stress
· Severe illness
· Hormonal changes
· Improper hair care
· Exposure to certain medication like antidepressants, blood thinning medicines
· Ringworm can also lead to aloplecia
· Fungal infection is also another reason by which alopecia can occur
· Due to protein deficiency
· Iron deficiency can also lead to alopecia
Dandruff is a condition of flaking of scalp. It is known as seborrhic dermatitis in common terms, is the inflammation of upper layers of skin causing scales on the scalp and other body parts. Dandruff appears when rate at which dead cells of the scalp shed and their replacement speeds up. Regular dandruff appears as white or gray flakes but in severe conditions it may include oily flakes, which are yellow in colour. Dandruff begins at the age between 12 to 15years i.e. the age of puberty and is seen in old people. Most prominent age grouped people who are affected are people who are in age between 25 to 35 years. Dandruff can affect any part of the body possessing hairs like eyebrows, cheeks,ears, and chest.
Ayurvedic practitioners believe that hair fall control is very much associated to the body type and also the stability of your mind-body structure. How to control hair fall? Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss helps in controlling hair related problems.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Fall Control – Massaging
Ayurvedic treatment considers the hair as a byproduct for bone formation. The tissues which are responsible for formation of bones are also responsible for your hair growth.
Individuals who have straight and fine hair and tends towards blonde or red; their hair typically turns into gray sooner.
They lose their hair early in the life or they will have prematurely thin or gray hair.
Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss is usually a combination of herbs, diet, meditation, yoga, breathing, aromatherapy, and oil massage. For hair fall control, you need to drink 30ml of Aloe vera juice. Instead of this, you can also take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with a pinch of jeera thrice a day for 2-3 months for hair fall control.
Massage greatly improves the blood circulation, thus increasing the health of the hair and also scalp. Daily massaging the scalp for 5-10 minutes greatly stimulates the circulation. This is very essential for hair fall control.
- Use coconut or almond oil to rub your scalp and on the soles of your feet before going to bed.
- Massage your hair with the oil that contains vitamin E such as OSHADHI hair oil. This greatly prevents or slows down the hair loss. Vitamin E oil strengthens fragile hair and also helps to prevent the dry and flaky skin.
- Boil the lemon leaves in water, cool it and rinse your hair with it.
Here are some tips on how to control hair fall:
- Every morning, eat a handful of white sesame (Tila) with jaggery, because they contain sufficient amounts of magnesium and calcium that are essential for the growth of your hair.
- Everyday, consume some curd.
- Increase the intake of green leafy vegetables, milk, salads, fruits, and sprouts in your diet. Consume enough proteins, yeast, wheat germ, buttermilk, whole grains, nuts, soya beans, and milk.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
- Consume the foods that contain sulphur, zinc, vitamin-B complex, vitamin C and essential fatty acids.
Ayurvedic herbs help to improve the blood circulation, disinfect your scalp and stimulate the growth of hair. Here are some hair fall control tips:
- Yasthimadhu extracts help in preventing the hair loss.
- Horsetail is the best source of silica, which helps to keep your hair strong and look shiny and sleek.
- Use stinging nettle (Jeera), Rosemary (Sarpagandha), Birch(Bhurja patra), and horsetail to massage your scalp regularly for stimulating the hair growth.
- Tea made from burdock and marshmallow (Bilva) is good for dry hair.
Before going to take ayurvedic treatment for hair fall control, inform the practitioner about any other treatments that you are currently using because they can interfere with ayurvedic treatment methods and cause side effects.
In Ayurveda, hair is associated with an imbalance in the pitta constitutional type.
Herbal remedies for grey hair according to ayurveda.
- Apply a paste made from 2-Tsp. henna powder, 1-tsp. curd, 1-tsp. fenugreek (Menthulu)seed powder, 1 tbsp. coffee, 2-tbsp. mint juice and 2-tbsp tulasi juice. Apply this paste to the hair for two hours. For a darker colour, leave this paste in for 3 to 4 hours. Wash hair with Aloevera shampoo.
- Mix fresh ginger with honey and place it in a jar. Eat 1 tea spoon everyday.
According to ayurveda excessive intakes of these foods increase pitta and lead to premature greying or acceleration of the greying process.
- Fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods.
An imbalance in the vata constitutional type, aggravated by stress, is also associated with premature greying.
Yoga : Rubbing the nails together -- According to yoga, nerve endings below the fingernails are directly connected to the roots of a person's hair. Rubbing the nails against one another improves the blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn reduces grey hair.
- Yoga Asana, Kapalbhati is also said to help in arresting the greying process.
PRASANNA MUDRA (Hair do Posture):
Method: Keep hand near the chest. Rub the nails of the eight fingers against each other for 5 to 10 minutes for 30 days. The thumbs should be straight.
Benefits: This slows down hair loss, with reduction of gray hair and split ends. It makes hair lustrous and strong.
|Youngever Ayurveda Vaidyalaya
(for health & Beauty)
Consulting Hours : 10 am. to 1 pm.
Phone No : 040-40215410, 9395373771
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org